Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Year, Last Trimester

I know we're a bit past the new year now, but since we're still in the month of January, I feel I can still legitmately post this "New Year" entry =)

The first week of the new year always brings and extra sense of "new" for me because my birthday is on January 7th. I love celebrating my birthday. I love it because it gives me a reason to gather all my favorite people together and have fun. This year's birthday was especially noteworthy for me because it was my last as a "non-mom". I can't quite articulate why that was significant; perhaps it was simply because it's the ending of one chapter in my life, but not in a bad way. I somehow just feel like every other birthday will be different from now on. Thanks to all who shared in the good times that night! =) It meant a lot!
Birthday celebration at POP Champagne & Dessert Bar in Pasadena
The first week of this new year also brought the start of the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy. I actually had several people ask me during the week how far along I was, and everytime I said, "I just started my 3rd trimester", it sunk in a little deeper. And that was three weeks ago!

27 weeks - Jan 7
Beginning the last third of this journey has come with a mix of emotions, from fear to excitement and everything in between. I have many moments of overwhelmed-ness; so many things to think about and do, and not much time left to get ready! But then I realize, I'll never be ready. Who is ever really ready for a baby to enter into and change their lives? Who is ever really ready to deal with physical pain, sleeplessness and poopy diapers, let alone the weightiness of raising another human being? I don't think any class, book or DVD could ever fully prepare you. So I'm going with the "We'll Figure It Out" approach, and trying not to worry about it all too much at this point. I'm sure we'll be calling lots of you for advice as part of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment