I am sick. 6 days ago I woke up with a slight sore throat that has since progressed into a chest cold. Lots of "hacking up a lung" sounds around here the past week. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a chain smoker.
I remember friends telling me that being sick while pregnant is miserable because you can't take any drugs. Well, I have found half of that to be true. My doctor advised it is OK to take Benedryl, Sudafed, Claritin, Robitussin and Tylenol - pretty much everything you need for a cold - but the part that is "miserable", I have found, is having to go to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes!
Since one of the only things that seems to soothe my throat is warm water, I've been drinking it almost non-stop. Plus lots of water is always on the top of the "things to do when you're sick" list. But I swear, the combination of excess water PLUS being pregnant is wrecking havoc on my bladder, and I have a small one to begin with anyway! Two nights ago we rented Transformers II (yes, finally) to watch at home. I am pretty sure we had to pause the movie about 10 times so I could go to the bathroom. And I don't know which is more disruptive to my sleep: the coughing or the having to get up and pee about every 3 hours!
I hope I get better TOMORROW!
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment