Saturday, March 6, 2010

They Got Me

I could not keep them away. I have fallen prey to the dreaded Stretch Marks. Like the slimy tentacles of Davy Jones, they slowly slithered their way up my belly. The double whammy was that they started around the same time that we discovered the cyst. Sneaky bastards. At first, I thought they were really deep indentations from my jeans because they were quite red and one mark in particular was shaped like an 'X'. But the indentation was permanent and so were all the other creepy fingers rising from my waistline.

When it finally hit me that it was what it is, I cried. Curled up on the bed and sobbed. I felt so ugly and disfigured from those marks. As if having a bowling ball jutting out of your abdomen doesn't make you feel akward enough. I thought I had been quite diligent, alternating applications of Palmer's lotion and pure vitamin E oil. So either I wasn't, didn't start early enough, or it just doesn't work. Needless to say, once they started, I added more cream and more oil but to no avail. They've now creeped beyond the Bikini Zone and I almost threw all my bikinis away when that hit last week. I am now contemplating 100-dollar bottles of supposed "stretch mark removal" creams. Or perhaps I will now take advantage of all the cosmetic surgeons that J has as clients. Sigh.

Well, you can faintly make them out below (thank God), but don't look too hard. Here are the last 3 weeks of Belly Shots...


33 weeks - Feb 18


34 weeks - Feb 26


35 weeks - Mar 5

2 comments:

  1. Still look amazingly beautiful to me, stretch marks and all!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're one hot mama, too. :o) Love, Angelina

    ReplyDelete