Every once in a while, something happens to you that changes your perspective on, well, everything. Here are a few of my observations on random things since Pregnancy happened to me...
I'm no longer a "squeezer".
I used to squeeze through most smallish spaces to get from A to B. Like, between someone's chair and the wall in the conference room to get to the door. Or between widely spaced railings to get from my high school campus to the parking lot. Or parking in a tight spot and still being able to get out of the car just fine. Well, after bHunt got to a certain size, it took me a few bumps to realize I am no longer my squeez-able self.
I mosey.
I used to keep up a springy clip when walking, even if it was through the mall. But lately, everyone seems to be passing me by. I realized how particularly slow-going I've become when I went somewhere with a friend recently and she kept walking ahead of me without realizing it. Or when I was at the grocery store and three people had to say "Excuse me" to me to get me to move aside or go around me.
I forget things.
A LOT. It is questionable how much of this can be blamed on pregnancy, but I think I definitely forget more now than pre-preggo. Today I put a piece of puff pastry in the toaster oven to warm up. I totally forgot about it and went to the pool for an hour while it slowly turned to a crisp.
People stare.
If this were some Asian country, I would not find it so irritating. But I realize that people stare at me presumably because I'm quite disproportionately sized at the moment. Isn't that rude?
People ask/say weird things.
I still have not had the "strangers rubbing your belly" thing. Probably due in large part to being on house arrest. But the little that I have been out since HA was lifted, I've noticed that people, women who are mothers in particular, like to strike up conversations about my state. It's usually what you'd imagine, When are you due? Boy or Girl? Have you picked a name? But one lady asked me "How are you feeling?", which I thought was just weird from a total stranger.
There are probably more observations that I have (haha) forgotten about. But these are definitely a few stand out ones! If you've had some others, please share!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh that people say / ask weird things is totally me! I am especially bad with pregnant women.... It is a kinship type of connection I think. Like I have been there (LOL- 4 times) and can empathize and rejoice with what you are feeling..... especially now as I hope to never(!) experience it for myself again! :D
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying your blog..... I hope you will keep it up as you enter mommyhood......