Thursday, March 4, 2010

This Ain't Your Mama's Diaper Bag

Due to many a recent sleepless night (see previous post), I have been mulling around the World Wide Web in the wee hours of the night, researching baby-related things. I must say, it's been quite productive. I've updated my registries, looked for baby memory books that I might actually use, and found out we might be cutting it real close to getting bHunt a passport for our trip to Canada in May.

Last night's research topic was Operation Biodegradeable. I spent a couple of hours looking for products that could aid us in being a tad more eco-friendly as we brace for doubling our waste production in the near future. Aye, the Green Guilt has gotten me. So I'm hoping these few things will offset that dreaded "footprint" a smidge, as we brace for doubling our waste production in the near future. Here are a few things I am looking forward to trying...

gDiapers
This is a combination of cloth diaper covers and biodegradeable/flusable inner linings. So, in theory, you have the green-ness of cloth with the convenience of disposables. All in one hybird diaper. And the fact that each one has a cute 'g' on the butt obviously is a big 'like' for me =). I'm stalking an eBay auction for some used covers as I type!



Yes, by Kirkland, I mean COSTCO! They claim that they're wipes are biodegradeable. Sweet!


bHunt isn't the only one who will be adding more waste to the dumpster around the corner. I, too, will be leaking in new ways and am glad that I found these to alternate with washing cotton ones. I just hope I never discover that a non-biodegradeable version works better!




And finally, although it has nothing to do with being green, this is by far the item I'm most excited about trying...

Several people had already asked me if I was planning to keep off alcohal while nursing. I'm sure the look on my face was a pretty obvious answer. Hell to the NO, yo! And these puppies will help me get re-acclamated to my vino tolerences ASAP!


Stay tuned for "user findings" on these, and I'm sure many other products, in the months ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Remember to check Diaperswappers.com for tose gdiapers too! :D And we HATE the costco wipes cause they feel slimy! LOL.... but a lot of my friends use them..... so it might just be us. (who dislike them not that we are slimy!!)

    Love you and am so glad we got to see you guys last week!

    ReplyDelete